CCMT Announces 2018 Production
From Laura Westler, with Classical Conversations Musical Theatre (CCMT):
The next CCMT production will be The Wizard of Oz, with performances on April 13th and 14th, 2018. If you’re interested in participating, please read on for more information.
CCMT BACKGROUNDClassical Conversations Musical Theater (CCMT) was founded in 2012 in response to a demand by the local CC chapters for a theater program. We are now in our sixth year of production. Previous performances include The Music Man, Jr. (2013), Beauty and the Beast, Jr. (2014), Aladdin, Jr. (2015), Peter Pan, Jr. (2016), and Willy Wonka, Jr. (2017) . The program continues to grow; the cast of our production of Peter Pan, Jr. was 105 students! CCMT is open to any student enrolled in CC in the Tulsa area, ages 4 through Challenge IV.–
WIZARD OF OZ WORKSHOPOur journey will begin with a wonderful Wizard of Oz Workshop on Saturday, September 30th. Please plan to attend, even if you’re not completely sure that you want to participate. And please invite your CC friends to attend, too! This production requires a lot of dancers – if you love to dance, please come!At the workshop, everybody will have the opportunity to learn a song, learn a bit of choreography, practice some lines with a coach, and find out more about the audition process. Each student will go home with a CD of the music, and scenes from the script to practice for their audition.Details of the workshop are as follows:–
- WHO: Everybody interested in The Wizard of Oz, even if you haven’t completely decided that you want to participate
- WHEN: Saturday, September 30th, 9:00a.m. – 2:00p.m.
- WHERE: Tulsa Bible Church (5838 S. Sheridan Rd, Tulsa; 61st & Sheridan)
- COST: $20 per actor (with a maximum of $50 per family), which will include lunch!
Our lunch menu is: hamburger or cheeseburger, fruit, chips, and a bottled water. If your child has allergies and cannot eat this menu, then please send them with a lunch from home. Just please remember, we have a strict no-nut policy!
WIZARD OF OZ AUDITIONSFollowing the workshop, the auditions should be a piece of cake! Auditions will be held on Friday, October 6th, and Saturday, October 7th. Exact times will be announced later, but the first round will be on Friday evening. Don’t worry, everybody will receive a part! For those of you with younger cast members (ages 8 and under), we’d still love to have your littles audition just to get some practice. If they don’t want to, that’s okay! But if they’d like to try for a speaking part in the show, they do need to audition.–
REGISTRATIONAnybody who would like to participate in the CCMT Wizard of Oz needs to register via one of two handy Google Sheets.
- If you’d like to attend the workshop and audition to be a part of the CAST, please follow this link and input your information (please be sure to populate all columns B-Q, and fill out one row for each child). https://docs.google.com/sprea
dsheets/d/17QfSHr_xjWMWkOSN6NE lBZWloj0LaX4Ic0FpkZwK6xs/edit? usp=sharing
- If you’d like to be an INTERN, and help with stage design, backstage work, etc, please follow this link and input your information. Challenge I – IV only, please! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OiIq_71g3Ue-suW8aXG-a0tEUGJQwqIxXryR9xKOYec/edit?usp=sharing
DIRECTORS NEEDEDWe are in need of a few key volunteers, including: Costuming Director, Set Building Director and Set Design Director. If you are interested in one of these positions, please let us know. We’re happy to discuss details before you commit. And as a little thank-you, these directors will receive a $125 production fee discount.
AFTER THE AUDITIONSA rough outline of our post-audition schedule is as follows (all practices and performances will take place at Tulsa Bible Church unless otherwise noted):
- November: Gather the cast together for a “read through” (read through the script) and “sing through” (sing through all the songs); location TBD
- Early January: Rehearsals begin. Rehearsals will be Tuesday and Friday evenings, with some possible Saturday rehearsal here and there. We’re going to try to keep our youngest cast members’ rehearsals (ages 8 or 9 and younger) to just one day a week…either Tuesdays or Fridays.
- Friday and Saturday, April 13th and 14th: Performance Weekend! CCMT Performing The Wizard of Oz at Tulsa Bible Church!
PRODUCTION FEEThe cast member production fee will be graduated, based on how many cast members you have in your family. The first participant will be $125, the second $100, the third $75, and all additional cast members will be $65. This fee will include: music and script, of course, but also your costume (with the exception of shoes and undergarments), t-shirt, picture, and the dinner provided between performances on April 7th. Half of the production fee will be due at your audition; the other half is due at our first practice in January.We are so excited for our 6th season of CCMT, and we hope you are, too! If you have any questions, please contact us.
Best of luck to all CCDT students who will be participating in The Wizard of Oz! We look forward to seeing you onstage in April.